– A sea of red for all asset class returns for a second straight week after the Fed raised rates by another 75bps.
– All sectors, styles, and factors declined. Energy stocks were the worst performing sector, declining 9%.
– Brazil and Egypt were the only two countries with stock markets advancing.
– Bull market in the US Dollar continues – the dollar was up whopping 3% for the week and has climbed more than 20% in the last 12 months.
– Financial markets were a sea of red this week with all asset classes declining.
– All sectors, styles, and factors declined. Dow Transports declined more than 8%.
– Middle Eastern equities and Italy were the only two international equity markets to see higher prices.
– The US dollar rallied, as did silver prices. Non-commercial futures positioning in silver is net short for the first time since 2019.
Market Risk Index
Market Risk Index scales from 0 to 100%. Higher readings correspond with higher risk markets. Scores below 25% are bullish. Scores between 25-75% are neutral, and scores above 75% are markets vulnerable to major drawdowns.
Model Category Readings (Percentiles)
- Psychology 99.7% 99.7%
- Monetary 87.2% 87.2%
- Valuation 99.3% 99.3%
- Market Trend 9.8% 9.8%